2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

i would assume so Giller, as can get them up past brooklands lagoon in the waimak and into the chch estuary also

yellowfin
    Participant

Did anyone enter the amberley comp? if so anyword on what took out the prize?

fishforpot
    Participant

Elmo and I fished it .maybe others I didnt recognise ….
    Oh , there was 1 member present , in the form of a photo in a magazine laying on a table as a giveaway …

An ugly little fella named Greg with a rig taken at Bayleys ..lol

The beach was barron for most of the day ….a mate of mine led the comp for near 4 hrs with a crab FFS …

I caught maybe 15 crabs ….not a single bite …my mate caught a bloody spotty …and only just missed a prize ..

A skate won it ….same with the juniors ….
    A doggy 2nd
    A 330ish mm rig “probably a schoolie seeing the limited knowledge of the measurers” 3rd
    Mullet took 4-8th ….
    Juniors – 2-7th were mullet …a crab 8th

I’d hazard to guess that less than 20 fish were caught for the day for 216 fisherman …

yellowfin
    Participant

lol the rig at conway you mean? and donald (duckman) was the moki beside it

fishforpot
    Participant

Might have been conway ….I was still like “oh oh oh look , I know that guy and he’s like famous” lol

fishforpot
    Participant

Plot thickens re the gurnard ……..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/ne … ping-probe

smokin’ joe
    Participant

fishforpot

fishforpot
    Participant

I’d be mega impressed with a single gurnard off that beach ….let alone 20 odd …
    Conceivable they were taken trawling many miles off the coast …

shark slayer
    Participant

the gurnard at bayleys had been filleted not dumped..whoever did the dumping near timaru should be shot..wankers..they need to bring in jail sentences for that shit..instead of the slap on the hand they get at the moment..the laws governing fisherys in this country are a joke….honestly.sweet hipp..how long are you up in the sounds for??and what part of it??i want to go up next week but will keep an eye on the weather reports..also have to fix the window on my car..and need to satisfy my moki addiction first haha hopefully i can get a few before next week then i will be satisfied to move on to another species..went out this morning at 4am..nothing for a while then a red cod..next cast got a big ass wrasse..thought it was a moki untill i got it into the breakers..then the moki came on the bite at 6am..stole my baits for a while then managed to hook one..just a wee one of 40cm but scrappy as..then the wind came up hard and fast and essentialy ended the fishing..bit of a shame but i guess its better than amberly crab fishing competitions haha..will post pick later..pan fried red cod and moki for lunch..yumyum

HIPP
    Participant

Geaz Shark Slayer your a keen man up and about early today!!! well done, my day off today and slept in:( must have needed it. Im off to the sounds on monday, Ill pm my my cell number incase i cannot post on here, however i should be able to do it on my phone if i have coverage where we will be in the Mahia Sound just out of Havelock, once i finish there im off to stay with my sis at a bach closer to portage in the Kenapuru sound abit further in.keep in touch. cheers hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a fish yesterday, started fishng at 1230 nothing for about 4-5 hours or so then i picked up a schoolie, went quiet till about 7pm where i got a few more schoolies and a crab, decided to use the crab as bait and with in 2min of it being in the water over my rod went and a nice ele was on the beach bait was still on the hook so casted it back out and a few min later over she went again, and had a rig of about 12lb beside me on the beach, not long after i went home, Might go back friday night for a few hours and see whats around

shark slayer
    Participant

looks to be around 10lb..conway was it greg??was gonna pm you my cell number hipp but its a new phone and not sure of my number haha.but will txt it to you when i get yours..how long you in the sounds for??here is todays moki..caught at 6am ona cray/mussel combo..

yellowfin
    Participant

the rig in the pic in the paper was 13

HIPP
    Participant

Nice moki, I once caught one off coopers lagoon on mussel about 20 plus years ago, must have been a stray lol.. Shark Slayer, I sent you my cell number today via PM, you should have it, cheers, Hipp….In the sounds till 21st then home and back to the coal face.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I hope you got a waterproof cellphone this time Sharkslayer….

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.