Re: Newbie in Kaiapoi, South Island


yes as zac said you will need a licence to spin for trout and salmon. you can either try at the mouth of the waimak or various other spots along the river. fishing a float with a whole puilchard under it is also a way to catch salmon and kahawai at places like the bmx track and smith st corner if you look on your map of kaiapoi it will be easier to find. apart from the trout and salmon there are really only mullet and kahawai to catch with mullet being the easiest to catch any where in the river