Re: Latest Catches 2

Miliwolf
Participant

Fished Seaview from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. The tide was incoming and probably high (8:15pm). I fished into the darkness. I also believe the moon was raising around 9pm (Moon was 93% decreasing full).

I caught three Rigs of around 3-4kg using paddle crab for bait (my first rigs from Seaview). I also used Cooked prawn, Mud Crab, Pilchard and Red Cod but the paddle crab was the only one to catch fish. There was a little interest showing in the pilchard..

Sea conditions were calm with a small swell, there was little to no wind, the sky was slightly overcast. The water was clean with no dirty section near the shore. It is certainly pleasant down there during a weak southerly.

I was the only person on the beach all night, quite surprising considering the rare perfect conditions. I was kept company by a large Seal which I initially thought dead but was indeed sound asleep. I woke it when I walked up to it for a closer look. The seal stayed on the beach all night sleeping most of the time. Hope its not sick.