Yeah , congrats on your first toad! That’s what that is and that’s what the Japs turn into that dish they have. They are poisonous to eat, but the Japs have a technique for cooking them that “usually” renders them harmless. Even so, several people a year die from eating them there. As an aside, this is also the same fish that large pelagic predators often gorge themselves on, then exhibit “drunken” behaviour. The toxin in them , whilst deadly to us when consumed, acts as a narcotic for the large fish. It is a well documented occurance. Sounds like you had a reasonable trip, well done.