A potential all-tackle record may be in store for New Zealand ‘s A. G. Hamilton, of Whangarei, who landed a 300 kg (660 lb 6 oz) Pacific bluefin tuna ( Thunnus orientalis ) in ninety minutes while fishing out of Greymouth, New Zealand. The current record is 617 lb 4 oz caught September 10, 2005, at Hokitika Trench, New Zealand.
more recommended stories
- Leatherjacket – Parika scaber – Good eating – Use long-shank hooks
Leatherjacket – Parika scaber – Good.
- Sevengill and Sixgill Sharks – Sevengillers are occassionally caught by surfcasters
Sevengill and Sixgill Sharks by Allan.
- Kahawai fishing on light spinning tackle, softbaits, and fly rod
Kahawai Fishing on light spinning tackle, soft.
- White Shark – Carcharodon carcharias – Fishing Methods
Great White Sharks by Allan Burgess.
- School Shark Tagging Program Awareness – How You Can Help – Updated
School Shark Tag Awareness – How.
- Southern Bluefin Tuna – Thunnus maccoyi – How to Catch – Video
Southern Bluefin Tuna – Thunnus maccoyi.
- Red Cod – Morid cods – Pseudophycis bachus – a good eating fish
Red cod; also called hoka Pseudophycis.
- Bluenose Warehou – Hyperoglyphe antarctic – Also Griffin’s Silverfish
Bluenose Warehou – Hyperoglyphe antarctic Bluenose Warehou are.
- Elephant Fish – Callorhinchus milii – How to Catch Elephant Fish – Updated
Elephant Fish can be caught close to.
- Fiordland Albacore Tuna Action – Milford, Nancy and Thompson Sounds
Fiordland Albacore Tuna Action – More.